Saturday, January 15, 2022

Stats

Below are a couple of charts, which aim to visualize the elevation profile and other aspects of the route. My watch was not fully calibrated, so the altitude was probably slightly higher (≈50 m) in reality. But in terms of altitude difference between two locations and ascent/descent during a certain day, the data should be fairly accurate.

Generally I think this itinerary worked fairly well for me in terms of acclimatisation. On two occasions, I rezlly suffered from altitude sickness though; Day 3 (towards Pikey Peak) and Day 13 (over Renjo La pass). After those two climbs I was pretty done and had to take full rest days to recover. Day 21 (Climbing Lobuche) was also really on the limit of my capacity, but I somehow made it up thanks to two great and cheerful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste and welcome!

Here I share some info from my little running adventure in the Everest region 2021, which may possibly be useful to others planning to visi...